Not sure if it’s because of Mother’s Day, or because it’s just about time for summer picnics, or for some other reason entirely, but the food blogs all seem to be buzzing with recipes and ideas for chocolate desserts. We do hope that whatever’s been bringing all these recipes to the surface doesn’t stop anytime soon. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Zoe Bakes gets ready for a birthday with a reliable Devil’s Food that has the genius addition of malted milk powder in its buttercream frosting.
- Mint Swirl Brownies seem like a force to be reckoned with: they combine a cream cheese filling with melted mint-flavored chocolate.
- The Kitchen Sink Recipes tackles pecan-topped Texas Sheet Cake and falls for its “simple, homey” charms.
- Baking and Books’ Traveler’s Chocolate Muffins combine a powerful hit of cocoa with chopped walnuts and brown sugar: they’ll definitely beat whatever pastry you could round up at an airport or chain restaurant off the highway.
- Bread and Jam’s prints her mother’s Chocolate Cake, one that has the always-killer addition of sour cream to keep things tender.
What about you? Have you had chocolate on the brain more than usual recently?Advertisements